An all-new, third-person open-world/action game, PROTOTYPE™ lets gamers feel the power of being the ultimate shape-shifting weapon. You are the PROTOTYPE: Alex Mercer – a genetically mutated man without memory, armed with amazing shape-shifting abilities, hunting your way to discover what created you and determined to make those responsible pay. As Alex, gamers tear through a densely populated contemporary New York City with Parkour-style agility, consuming anybody that gets in their way…assuming their physical identity, memories and abilities. Fueled by a three-way war between Alex, the Blackwatch (military) and a viral outbreak known as the Infected, players venture into a deep, dark conspiracy 40 years in the making!
- DEADLY SHAPE-SHIFTING ACTION – Alex Mercer is a shape-shifter with amazing powers of combat, destruction and deception. As Alex, gamers can consume and absorb any living person they come into contact with while moving through PROTOTYPE’s New York City backdrop, and as such, he can gain access to their memories, assume their physical identity and use any special abilities/powers they had, each time bringing him closer to solving the growing conspiracy behind his existence. Further, Alex can mix and match genetic traits to create incredibly deadly biological weapons, including razor sharp claws, blades, armored skin, shields and more. Used correctly, Alex Mercer – the PROTOTYPE – is the ultimate shape-shifting weapon.
- UNPRECEDENTED LOCOMOTION AND AGILITY – Alex Mercer’s movement in PROTOTYPE is based on the art of ‘Parkour’ – a French term meaning to move from one point to another as quickly as possible principally using the abilities of the human body. Being more than human, nothing in PROTOTYPE’s bustling New York City setting is an obstacle for Alex. Players will vault over hundreds of cars, run vertically up the sides of skyscrapers, scale huge distances in single jumps and more.
- ‘DECEIVE AND DESTROY’ GAMEPLAY – PROTOTYPE’s ‘Deceive and Destroy’ gameplay allows players the opportunity to blend in with the crowded population and covertly progress through the story, or fully unleash Alex’s powers, moving through New York City as a walking slaughterhouse – shape-shifting and consuming enemies in plain sight on the street, commandeering military vehicles, including Apache helicopters and Abrams tanks and causing destruction at every turn.
- NEW YORK CITY IS YOUR HUNTING GROUND – PROTOTYPE’s playground is contemporary New York City done right! The city is jam-packed with thousands of pedestrians, hundreds of cars and is truly a bustling, thriving representation of the world’s most famous city. The population is extremely dense, providing for an endless feast of gameplay possibilities, so when things start to explode, players really get the feeling that the city is caving in around them. Furthermore, in reference to some of PROTOTYPE’s boss battles…there’s definitely a need for a setting as big as Manhattan.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Vista (plus Service Pack 1)
- Windows XP (plus Service Pack 3)
plus DirectX 9
plus Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
- Memory: 1.5GB
- Video Card: 256MB NVidia 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900
- DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound Card
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz
- Memory: 2GB (Windows XP) 2.5GB (Windows Vista)
- Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870
- DirectX 9 compatible Surround Sound Card